lunes, 4 de octubre de 2010

Yesterday I asked

Preyers



Edwin Francisco Herrera Paz. Yesterday, before praying, I reviewed the things I wanted to ask my Lord. I would like a house. Yes, yes. A huge, pretty house. How do I want my house to look like? Well, maybe like the luxurious Tiger Wood’s house at the beach. It's exactly the kind of house I want. I like it. It is very spacious and comfortable, and it’s near the sea. I also need a car. I have two, but they are a little bit old. I want a latest model. A European truck, perhaps. And additionally a sports car. I visualized it. Metallic blue, shining with the radiance of the sun. Beautiful. All muscle.
I also need a surgery room for my small hospital, not only for a higher profit (it is placed in a very poor area of my home country, Honduras), but also to help a greater number of people: material goods are best enjoyed when they bless others.
I need physical and mental health for me and my family. I want my children healthy and without complications, any kind of them. I also need wisdom to write and teach my classes. Maybe someday I'll win the Nobel. Or perhaps the Pulitzer? Who knows? I’ll ask for it to. And what about ummm, a million dollars? In the past I used to pray for a few thousand, but for God, there is no difference between one thousand and a million. I also thought about asking for the world's poor, for the needy, and for the emancipation of slaves, prisoners of their personal chains, or others’. There is nothing wrong in asking. The children ask their father, and the kind father provides its children.
Jesus in his teaching said: "Ask and ye shall receive. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened." The prayer of faith is one of the most powerful forces of the universe. Skeptics doubt, but they certainly will never see faith in action, for faith and doubt are opposites: one cannot exist in the presence of the other. Jesus said, "If only your faith were the size of a mustard seed...."  Well, all those things I shall ask my Lord and the Lord will give them to me if I ask with faith.
After thinking about all these issues I began to hear a gossip: "with great power and glory," and I began to pray. Just then I felt a special presence; a presence of love and protection. I think it's like the feeling a child, not yet born, experiences in the mother’s womb. At that moment I forgot all those things I wanted to ask, because all things were small; because everything is too small when in his presence, in the presence of God, the Creator.
And then, I did not ask for anything because at that moment I had it all. I could only say, "be thy will, Lord".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor comente este entrada.